The Embedded UI incorporates a series of questions, screens, certifications, and up-to-date legal language that align with all IRS and legal requirements. It is an all-encompassing tool that handles various scenarios, including the most complex edge cases. The Embedded UI streamlines the process by guiding users through every step, ensuring compliance and accuracy while saving time and effort. By integrating the SDK into your applications, you can leverage its extensive capabilities without worrying about the intricacies of tax regulations.
The SDK offers two modes based on your requirements:
- Collection Mode: Users provide and certify their information. The system allows them to skip specific screens if pre-existing information is available.
- Certification Mode: Users manually certify all their information on the "Certification" screen. With this option, you have the ability to add a custom button that redirects users to a different page.
The SDK supports four starting points: W-9, W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, and UNDETERMINED. The following information will help you choose which one to use:
- W-9: You must know that the account belongs to a US individual/entity.
- W-8BEN: The account must be owned by a foreign individual.
- W-8BEN-E: The account must belong to a foreign entity.
- UNDETERMINED: If you're uncertain about the account type, you can select the UNDETERMINED option, which will determine the account type based on a series of questions.
Updated 9 months ago