You will need to complete the following steps to use the Tax Documentation API:
- Onboard with TaxBit as an API Customer. The implementation team will provide you with a
clientSecret, and tenant details.
- Once you have received those credentials and your
tenantId, get a tenant-scoped bearer token (see https://apidocs.taxbit.com/reference/post_oauth-token). The tenant-scoped bearer token is valid for 24 hours.
- Using your tenant-scoped bearer token, which the API returned to you in the previous request, create an Account Owner (see https://apidocs.taxbit.com/reference/post_tenants-tenant-id-account-owners).
- Using your Account Owner ID and the same tenant-scoped bearer token, create a user and pass the PII associated with Account Owner (see https://apidocs.taxbit.com/reference/post_tenants-tenant-id-users).
- Retrieve an Account Owner bearer token to send W8/W9 data (see https://apidocs.taxbit.com/reference/post_oauth-account-owner-token).
Updated 4 months ago